Hanesbrands: Assistant Manager
Under the supervision of Store Manager, supervise store personnel in all store activities, and maintain store policy and procedures. We are seeking a responsible and hard-working Assistant Manager to join our growing team of professionals. The Retail Assistant Manager is primarily focused on supervising store personnel in all store activities and maintaining store policy and procedures under the supervision of Store Management. The Assistant Manager will report directly to the Management team.
A big part of your role as a Retail Assistant Manager will be to measure female consumers to determine the proper fit for bras and various other undergarments and intimate apparel in the privacy of the women’s fitting room on a regular basis. The Retail Assistant Manager will also be responsible for the operation and merchandising of the store in the absence of the Store Manager. Other responsibilities for the Retail Assistant Manager include:
• Budget control, shrink, overall operation and merchandise presentation within the store.
• Taking semi-annual physical inventory.
• Ensuring that all merchandise is displayed and merchandised properly.
• Keeping Merchandise Supervisor informed of out-of-stock, slow sellers and problem merchandise.
• Assisting in planning of store payroll and financial budget.
• Maintaining accurate records and controlling expenses to achieve budget objectives while ensuring adequate staffing.
• Recruiting, selecting and training store staff.
• Assisting on the sales floor as needed, including cashiering and waiting on customers.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the Retail Assistant Manager position, you need a high school degree/GED or a combination of education and retail management experience. College degree is preferred. The Retail Assistant Manager must also have Assistant Management experience in specialty retail (apparel or women’s intimate apparel is preferred).
Other requirements for the Retail Assistant Manager include:
• Demonstrated ability to handle diverse demanding workload in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work well both individual and within teams
We believe in offering our Retail Assistant Managers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package for full time employees. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!
Contact the store for more details: (319)-668-1900