Columbia Factory Store: FT Retail Supervisor
Columbia Factory Store – Williamsburg, Iowa
Starting to pay $17.50-$19.92
Total Rewards: Quarterly Bonus Program to award store performance, Comprehensive Medical with FSA/HSA options, Dental, Vision, and Well-being plans, 401(k) participation with company matching
• Wellbeing support: Paid Time Off and Floating Holidays, Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) where you can learn new ways to be healthy, discounts on fitness, and more!
• Community impact: DEI and Volunteer Hours provided to support your passion!
• Growth opportunities: Grow your career with the Tuition Assistance Program, stretch assignments, and learning/development courses
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
With over 430 retail stores worldwide, our Store Leadership Teams are essential to our business. From ensuring effective store operations and procedures to providing guidance to team members within an assigned area of responsibility, our Store Leadership Teams help create memorable consumer experiences while supporting and helping drive the company’s mission of “Connecting Active People with Their Passions.”
As a Retail Supervisor, you will be a member of the Store Leadership Team and responsible for providing leadership and direction to diverse associate-level team members in an assigned area of responsibility. The Retail Supervisor fosters a positive environment and displays a high professional standard of individual behavior leading by example while demonstrating Columbia Sportswear Company values.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
• Oversees the day-to-day work of assigned associate-level staff; providing direction and guidance, training and coaching to associate level team members to ensure efficient and effective operations and proper store procedures to support the overall customer experience in store.
• Supervises assigned department of responsibility; overseeing to the profitability of the store by receiving, handling, replenishing and processing.
• Creates and maintains store culture of through teamwork and coaching; displaying a high professional standard of individual behavior and leading by example.
• Collaborates with store leadership team concerning policies, procedures, and standards for assigned area of responsibility.
• Maintains company standards and policies; ensures that employees to adhere procedures and quality standards; works to resolve any problems or errors.
• No specific education required (High School Diploma or GED preferred)
• 2-5 years of experience in a position or specialization
• Skill operating a Point of Sales (POS) system, other in-store computerized systems, and telephone
• Effective communication skills; able to exchange ideas and information with store leadership team, associates and consumers